Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Unimog overlander perhaps?

Mudah.my has proved to be my favourite site for unusual vehicle. After dreaming about a Pinzgauer camper, I stumbled upon a Unimog 404! Unimogs looks like the bastard offspring of tractors and trucks, but their off road capabilities is such that it will easily beat any tricked up Landcruisers, Landrovers or Jeeps alive. I have previously came across other Unimogs in Malaysia, but they were either incomplete rusted out hulks or in such a state of disrepair that little more than a pile of junk. Probably an ex-army surplus, this unit I saw was the best sample I ever seen in Malaysia. Other than the rather ironic model number, this Mog will make a perfect overlander.

Exterior looks good, it even have an original PTO winch

Interior look complete and clean. Even the door inlay and handle is intact ( something usually missing from ex-military vehicles )

Engine looks clean

The possibility. What it can be.......
Exploring the tundra, crossing the Andes...... I shall dream on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did he give you a price?